WAQAS A. KHAN
US Department of State
International Centre for Journalists
Born on October 27, 1982, I am Waqas Ahmad Khan from Kasur.
To summarize, I am a PhD Scholar in Advanced Assessment and Evaluation at University of Management and Technology, Lahore Pakistan. I hold M.Phil/MS degree in Quality Assurance Management, diploma in “Practical Project Management” from Ateneo De Manila University Philippines, B.Ed and M.Ed from University of Sargodha, ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor Certification from Singapore Quality Institute International Singapore (SQII).
My primary profession is teaching. It is the skill that I acquired from my parents who have been teaching since last 40 years. As a teacher I have been teaching since 2007. My teaching experience include
– Lecturer (visiting) at FC College Lahore.
– Lecturer (visiting) at Government College Lahore .
– Principal at Hazara Public School & College Changa Manga.
– Lecturer (Visiting) at Al-Hamd College Lahore.
– Trainer in Advanced Assessment at UMT Lahore.
– Trainer in Civic Education at Centre for Civic Education Islamabad.
– Trainer in Human Rights Education at FHRI Islamabad.
– Trainer in Life Skills at SAHIL.
– Trainer in Management Skills at SPARC.
Currently, I am working as Director, Hazara Public School & College Changa Manga. The school was built in 1985 by my mother for the poor people of my village. Today, we have more than 3000 student studying in this great educational institution. I do teach in Punjab University to M.Com classes once in a week to keep my flair up.
Additionally, I am working as a Bureau Chief for Daily The Nation and Daily Pakistan Observer. Both are the premier English daily newspapers of Pakistan. I started Journalism to use my pen for the service of my society. Journalism is my passion and I also write for a few local Urdu newspapers occasionally.
Voluntarily, I work for many societies and organizations including Master Trainer at Centre for Civic Education (CCE) Pakistan, Provincial Coordinator CM Task Force on Human Rights and Rule of Law, Deputy Chairman National Education Council Pakistan®, General Secretary Punjab Education Council (PEC) ®, Master Trainer SAHIL, Fazaldad Human Rights Institute ®, Centre for Peace and Human Rights ® and SYBAN.
Previously, I have been working as Country Marketing Manager in Gohar Publishers Pakistan. The company is a leading text book publishing company in Pakistan. By the virtue of my this experience, I was able to visit each and every town of the country and establish my connections across the country.
– In 2014, I was selected for the (ICFJ) International Centre for Journalists and US State Department fellowship. In the same year University of North Florida accepted me as a research fellow in the field of assessment in education. Additionally I have spent few weeks in USA and worked with Daily Florida Times, State Department and ICFJ to polish my skills and expertise in journalism. During my tvisit my main focus was harmony among religions of the world.
– I have participated in Regional Conference on Diversity, Kathmandu, Nepal in 2011. The Conference was organized by CCE, Govt. of Nepal and Forum of Federations (USA).
– I got a chance to participate in International Conference on Religion and Media, Tehran, Iran (2009).
– In 2007, I represented Pakistan at International Conference on Optimizing ICT in Education held at Asian Development Bank HQ at Manila Philippines.
– I have represented Pakistan in SAARC International Management Seminar held in Delhi (INDIA) 2006.
– I am in those some professionals of Pakistan who have proved their excellence in many organizations and have attained highest management posts in early 20’s of their age.
– I have been working as a Master Trainer in “Project Citizen Pakistan”, a school heads, Teachers and students training workshop series focusing on all schools of Pakistan to promote civic sense and encourage students to take active part in democracy and politics as the citizens of Pakistan.
Training and Development:
I have participated in numerous training, leadership and personality development seminars, conferences, training courses and workshops in and abroad which have added value to my learning and personality traits.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
Copyright © 2015 - HPSC Hosted by Unique Links